Kinderallergie: Grundsätze und Praxis, 3. Auflage
The third edition of Pediatric Allergy continues this title’s steadfast tradition of providing comprehensive, authoritative guidance on the day-to-day diagnosis and management of pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases. You’ll have the most up-to-date research at hand thanks to an easily accessible full-color format that highlights a host of new chapters, extensive updates, and clinically focused coverage. Whether you’re a student, resident, pediatrician or allergist, you’ll appreciate this user-friendly and versatile source for providing optimal care!
New to this Edition
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- Revised asthma section examines current asthma guidelines; school-centered asthma programs; exercise-induced asthma; and new directions in asthma therapy.
- Includes the most current knowledge relating to emerging asthma within young children, medication adherence, and the impact of infection on the natural history of asthma.
- New information on gene therapy, stem-cell therapy, and a host of new immunodeficiency diseases helps you obtain the best results from the therapeutics for pediatric allergic and immunologic diseases.
- Features brand-new chapters on immunopathology; diagnostics and management; potential immunotherapeutic strategies for treating food allergies; current status of immunotherapy for food allergy; and biologic therapies.
- Focused coverage of today’s hot topics in pediatric allergy includes the use of targeted biologics to treat specific activation pathways leading to severe allergic diseases; defects of innate immunity; rheumatic diseases of childhood; and inflammatory disorders.
- Discusses new studies examining potential etiologies for the increase in food allergy and examines potential immunotherapeutic strategies for treating food allergies.
- New evidence-based principles of medical care help you make the best use of available medications for your patients.
- Includes diagnostic tests available for asthma, upper respiratory allergy, and more.
- Equips you with an understanding of the immune mechanisms underlying allergic diseases.
- Features coverage of drug allergies and cross-reactivity.
- Highlights clinical pearls discussing the best approaches to the care and treatment of pediatric patients.
- Appendices listing common food allergies and autoantibodies in autoimmune diseases make for quick reference to essential material.
By Donald Y. M. Leung, MD, PhD, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver CO, USA
Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver CO, USA; Stanley J. Szefler, MD, Helen Wohlberg & Herman Lambert Chair in Pharmacokinetics, Head, Pediatric Clinical Pharmacology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver CO, USA
Professor of Pediatrics and Pharmacology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA; Francisco A Bonilla, MD, PhD, Division of Immunology, Children’s Hospital Boston, Boston MA, USA
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston MA, USA; Cezmi A Akdis, Professor of Immunology, Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research, Davos, Switzerland and Hugh Sampson
|Main Author||By Donald Y. M. Leung, MD, PhD, Stanley J. Szefler, MD, Francisco A Bonilla, MD, PhD, Cezmi A Akdis and Hugh Sampson|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Illustrations||Approx. 205 illustrations (170 in full color)|
|Publication Date||11 Aug 2015|
|Stock Status||IN STOCK|